ZCA SEMINAR: SHIPPING AND TRADING LAW
26 November 2019, 14.00-18.00
Venue: Hochschule Luzern – Wirtschaft, IFZ, Campus Zug-Rotkreuz, Suurstoffi 1, 6343 Rotkreuz
HFW and ZCA come together once again to offer the shipping and trading community in Zug a seminar covering some of the most interesting and pressing issues in the shipping industry today.
- Sanctions – in this update, Sarah Hunt will be tackling the implications of recent sanctions on Iran, Russia, Sudan and Venezuela, focusing particularly on their practical and commercial impact and on what trading still works in these jurisdictions.
- As a compliance update, we will examine the Wolfsberg Principles from a banking perspective, considering features of a modern compliance programme required to best handle the demands of sanctions regimes.
- We will consider how a “no deal” Brexit will affect those suing under an English law and jurisdiction clause involving parties based in the EU or Switzerland.
- The second presentation focuses on Trade Finance recent developments in Trade Finance.
- Bills of Lading as a contract of carriage and recent developments in the English High Court.
- The seminar will conclude with a session on regulatory issues.
14.00 – 15.00 Sanctions with Sarah Hunt, Partner, HFW
15.00 – 16.00 Trade Finance with Olivier Bazin, Partner, HFW
16.00 – 16.15 Networking coffee break
16.15 – 17.15 Bills of Lading with Michael Buisset, Partner, HFW and Caroline West, Associate, HFW
17.15 – 18.00 Regulatory issues with Adam Topping, Partner, HFW
18.00 – Networking drinks with participants
Admission fee per Person
- Participants from ZCA and LCTA member firms CHF 300.- / every further person CHF 150.-
- Non-members CHF 400.- / every further Person, same company CHF 200
Please register on ZCA Website