Two Half Day Training Courses
Management Training, including Trade Finance, Sanctions and Corporate & Precious Metals
September 5th 2018, 9:30-12.30 / 14:00 -18:00
Venue: Parco Paradiso Hotel, Via Carona 27, 6900 Lugano
9.30 Welcome coffee
10.00 -12.30 PRECIOUS METALS. Sarah Taylor, Partner, HFW
- Introduction to forms of financing
- Loans and Leases – models and best practice
- Offtake and Refining Agreements – things to watch out for
- Proceeds of Crime – a case study
- Concentrates including final and binding certificates, including an explanation of the sample and assay process
14.00 – 15.00
Corporate Update. Georges Racine, Partner, HFW
- Taking stock on Swiss corporate governance
- The role of ISO 31000 and ISO 19600 Standards
- Economiesuisse’s Swiss Code of Best Practice for Corporate Governance
- Has the Lex Minder changed anything?
- What should be in that Code of Conduct
- The basic elements of effective compliance
- The guiding principles of good governance
- Any reason trading houses should do differently?
15.00 – 16.00
Sanctions and Compliance Update. Sarah Hunt, Partner, HFW
- Update on Iranian sanctions – where are we now on trading, shipping and banking with Iran?
- An explanation of the latest EU and US position on Iran and a look into the crystal ball: what can we expect next?
- Russian sanctions: the latest on sectoral sanctions and how US extraterritorial sanctions affect non-US persons whose counterparties are designated in the way that Rusal was.
- Answers to questions you didn’t know you needed to ask, including key OFAC FAQs you should be aware of.
- The impact of sectoral sanctions on trade and ship calls with Venezuela.
16.00 – 16.15 Coffee Break
Credit Support in Trade Finance. Viti Plange, Associate, HFW
- Corporate Guarantees:
- What constitutes a guarantee? General Characteristics
- Forms in which a guarantee may be given: separate stand-alone document, or incorporated within financing document? Pros and cons of each set up.
- Waiver of defences clause – a walk through some standard provisions found in a waiver of defences clause. What are you accepting and why?
- Guarantee or indemnity?
- Potential issues that a company can face by acting as guarantor for an affiliate/subsidiary?
- Other popular forms of credit support
Insurance. Costas Frangeskides, Partner, HFW
- Political Risk and Trade Credit: Perils. Risks
- Key Provisions of Trade Credit Insurance
- Unfunded Credit Risk Mitigation
- Eligible Instruments for Unfunded Credit Risk Mitigation
- Unfunded Credit Risk Mitigation – Practical Issues
- Insurance Act 2015
18.00 Drinks and networking
Non LCTA Members
If a participant cannot attend the course, it is possible to be substituted by another person. If the absence is not notified within 5 days from the course, 30% of the fee will be withheld as part of administration costs. No notification at all will imply that the course fee will remain due to full payment, despite the non-attendance of the delegate.
Online registration closed.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 091 911 51 15.